sefa’s foster the establishment, survival and growth of SMMEs and Co-operatives, and thereby contributing towards poverty alleviation and job creation.
To be the leading catalyst for the development of sustainable SMMEs and Co-operatives through the provision of finance.
Our mission is to provide access to finance in an efficient and sustainable manner to SMMEs and Co-operatives throughout South Africa by:
- Providing loan and credit facilities to SMMEs and Co-operatives;
- Providing credit guarantees to SMMEs and Co-operatives;
- Supporting the institutional strengthening of Financial Intermediaries so that they can be effective in assisting SMMEs and Co-operatives;
- Creating strategic partnerships with a range of institutions for sustainable SMME and Co-operative development and support;
- Developing (through partnerships) innovative finance products, tools and channels to speed up increased market participation in the provision of affordable finance; and
- Monitoring the effectiveness and impact of our financing, credit guarantee and capacity development activities.
sefa's values and guiding principles to deepen institutional culture and organisational cohesion are:
- Kuyasheshwa!: We act with speed and urgency;
- Passion for development: Solution-driven attitude, commitment to serve;
- Integrity: Dealing with clients and stakeholders in an honest and ethical manner;
- Transparency: Ensuring compliance with the best practice on the dissemination and sharing of information with all stakeholders;
- Innovation: Continuously looking for better ways to serve our clients.